ROAR is a purpose-driven technology company dedicated to cultivating safer workplaces. Our patented technology protects at-risk workers from harm using bi-directional panic alarm technology for pinpoint accuracy. We leverage hardware and software to provide hotels and healthcare facilities with the ability to supply staff with wearable panic buttons that summon help with one touch of a button.
Our technology has helped workers with serious injuries, harassment, medical emergencies, de-escalating tense situations, and more. We are a certified B-Corporation, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Our system has prevented violence for both workers and guests. Examples include:
· A housekeeper used her ROAR button to get help for a female guest who was being physically beaten by her partner. The manager was able to stop the incident and the abusive husband was reported to the police.
· A strange man who was not staying in the hotel rode the elevator with a guest who used their key card to gain access to their floor. He hid in a linen closet and attacked one of the female employees when she walked in, beating and choking her. Fortunately, she activated her ROAR button to get hotel security to her exact location. Help arrived quickly, and he was apprehended and turned over to the police. More importantly, she was provided with first aid and has recovered, grateful it was not worse.
· Nurses and clinicians point to their buttons as a de-escalation tool when a patient is being aggressive or unruly.
· Nurses have also leveraged the button to get help quickly when a patient falls.
History of ROAR
The company started in 2014 by empowering women with one of the first safety devices built as a fashionable and wearable alternative to existing self-defense tools. In addition, we invested a portion of the proceeds into empathy education to help get to the root of reducing attacks in the first place. ROAR became a market leader in 2017 with sales in over 45 countries and distribution through Amazon, Target, and Urban Outfitters. We received press coverage from Mashable, MTV News, the NY Times, and we won product and technology awards – Top 10 Wearable Companies by Entrepreneur Magazine, Technology Startup of the Year, and others.
In 2018, we parlayed our personal safety experience and technology expertise to focus on workplace safety starting with the hospitality industry. We did so after seeing the staggering number of housekeepers who experience sexual harassment or at more at risk to be injured due to their nature of their work. Hotel panic button legislation started to sweep the Country, and we recognized a clear need for a wearable panic button solution that works in any type of building to ensure the safety and protection and staff, as well as providing a cost-effective option to employers who wanted to meet mandates and take care of their greatest assets.
We expanded into behavioral health in 2021 after drug addiction centers, counseling offices, and health centers started reaching out to us to help them tackle the record-breaking number of assaults and workers comp claims they were facing during the worst labor shortage and significant challenges in recruiting and retaining staff.
The Field Technician role directly contributes to ROAR’s success by installing our Staff Safety Solution at customers' properties.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading successful on-site installations of wireless equipment all over the United States. You will develop and follow standard operating procedures while managing other ROAR team members, third-party subcontractors, and/or customer employees as they assist with specific procedures and processes of the installation.
After deployments, you will test the system to ensure it meets quality requirements. You will also train customers on the proper usage of our system and required maintenance. You will recommend improvements to documentation and assist in the training of deployment partners. In addition, you will build expertise on our platform and share product feedback during deployments.
The successful candidate possesses good communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure
You'll enjoy working at ROAR if you like the idea of working at a purposeful company helping to keep people safe, you are self-motivated, you focus on high-quality results, you have an ownership mentality, and you enjoy learning new technologies.
What You'll Be Doing
· Manage and provide work direction to the installation team on-site
· Install our safety platform in a timely, efficient manner while maintaining cleanliness, troubleshooting reported issues, and testing the system after completion
· Mount and configure the networking equipment
· Strong customer service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
· Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision
· Punctual and present for deployment days
· Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to set a positive example for the client and other team members
· Conflict resolution skills, including the ability to inform appropriate individuals if work is running behind schedule due to unforeseen events
· Contributes to a positive team environment by uplifting those around you, including partners or customers
· Assists with training new deployment partners and positively reinforcing successful performance
· Associate degree or Certification in a Technology/Networking services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience (CCNA, CCNO, CWNA)
· 2+ years’ experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Coax, Fiber Optic or Wi-Fi Distribution Systems
· Prior experience deploying or supporting wireless technology (Wi-Fi, loT, BLE, Zigbee)
· Prior experience managing and motivating a team and ability to troubleshoot with little or no direction
· Ability to use common tools (hammers, cutting, drilling) as well as accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This includes adhering to local, federal regulations, and company policies
· Ability to carry, climb, and operate extension ladder as well as lift at least 50 lbs
· Ability to travel 80%+ of the time
Compensation & Benefits
· Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
· Flexible PTO policy - 4 weeks
· Parental Leave
· Stock Option Plan
· 401k Plan
· Work 100% Remote
Don’t meet every qualification? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all the requirements defined. At ROAR, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All are welcome here.
At ROAR, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at peopleops at roarforgood dot com to request accommodation.